The Top Merits of Modular Homes
There is nothing more pleasurable than owning your own home. Many people spend a good amount of money to make this dream a reality. The good news is that there are dynamic and cheaper ways to own a home today. One such example is getting a modular home. Contrary to popular belief, these are not mobile or trailer homes. The following is an in-depth look at what these homes are and the top merits thereof.
What is a modular home?
A modular home is also referred to as a manufactured home. Instead of the conventional method of building a house on site, these homes are created or made at a factory. The builders create them in modules and hence the name modular. These homes are tastefully made to suit all the needs of a homeowner. Today, they are gaining a lot of popularity owing to their unlimited merits. The following are some of the advantages of these homes.
1) Superb building conditions Since the homes are built in a factory, the builders do not have to grapple with weather elements like snow, sun, rain and wind. To this effect, the creation of these homes is efficient. Elements are also responsible for ruining building materials on site and with this method; these fears are laid to rest.
2) They are 'green' homes The construction of modular homes is a green process meaning that there is no wastage of building materials. What is left over will be recycled or used to create something else. Therefore, manufacturing homes this way is the most economical and green way to go about construction.
3) The homes are fortified with strength Each state has a code that must be followed to make sure that a modular house is built with ideal strength. In this light, the modules are sturdy and can withstand transportation; they also last for a very long time. They are reliable and one would not even tell the difference with those built on site.
4) They are highly customizable Unlike what some may think, these homes are highly customizable. You can select any design you wish to incorporate. People can have porches, garages, vaulted ceilings and even decks. Additionally, the homes can be more than one story. This versatility gives homeowners the chance to purchase a home that will appeal to their design needs. For those who want to incorporate hardwood floors and granite countertops, this is also possible in your home.
5) This home is fast to construct Unlike conventional homes, having a modular home made will take less time. This means that you can move into your new home without wasting time. Consequently, this can save you a lot of money. In this regard, it is a convenient method of owning a home. The rapid pace does not compromise quality and it is good to keep this in mind. The safety codes are upheld at all time while constructing.
6) You have warranty The homes also come with a one year warranty which is an advantage. If something goes wrong, you can simply call the builders and they will sort you out. Windows, faucets and doors will come with their own separate warranty putting your mind to rest. There are many other merits to mention but these are the top ones.