6 Great DIY Projects for Your Home This Summer
Now that summer is here, it is time to prepare for the warm month ahead. What a great way to bring in the new season than with a barbecue or other summer accessories for your home or outdoor space. You’ll love these DIY ideas and accessories and will surely find ways to enjoy them year round.
- Gasoline Barrel Barbecue: Instead of spending hundreds of dollars this summer to buy the perfect grill for your patio why not make your own? This is an excellent project that not only recycles old gasoline barrels, but creates a beautiful and unique barbecue for your backyard. You can enjoy outdoor cooking year round with this simple to make project.
- Hallway Shoe Organizer: With a little work and some old pallets you can make an amazing shoe organizer for your home. All you’ll need is two old pallets and a little time to create a beautiful and useful piece of furniture for your home. Old pallets make the perfect recycled wood to use for different projects around your home.
- Custom Ottoman: This is an excellent project and so simple to make. It also uses a recycled tire! If you are looking for a new ottoman for a corner in your living room, bedroom, or even family room then this is the perfect project. With a roll of cord and an old tire you can have a beautiful piece of furniture. When your friends find out that this is an old tire, they’ll be amazed.
- Concrete Kitchen Island: This is an amazing kitchen accessory for your home. The kitchen island is made from a poured concrete top and some wood. This wonderful concrete kitchen island can also make the perfect accessory for your patio and barbecue area. Get busy and make some weatherproof furniture for your home this summer out of concrete.
- Hanging Chair: Are you looking for new patio furniture this summer? Well, look no further and start planning your trip to your nearest home improvement store. This is an excellent project for your home this summer. The beautiful hanging patio lounge chair will make the perfect addition to any backyard, patio or deck.
- Garden Table: With just a square piece of wood, you can create the perfect garden table for your yard this summer. This table is so handy for relaxing in the yard while you’re barbecuing this summer. The table is the perfect place to sit your drinks and can be accented with potted plants and other backyard decor.