5 Smart Ways to Save Energy in Your Home
In the last few years, manufacturers have been focused on creating new products to help solve current environmental issues. You can aid in this effort in your own home, by starting to focus on ways you can conserve energy. To help you out, lets take a look at some of the new smart gadgets on the market today for your home. These new gadgets will not only help you save energy in your home, but will also help save our environment. Here are 5 tech gadgets that you should consider starting to use in your home right away:
- Nest Learning Thermostat – A new thermostat can be complicated to program and use. Therefore, people tend not to set programs and utilize the energy-saving capabilities of their own thermostat. To remedy this, Nest has given everyone a simple way to save energy and program their thermostat since the new Nest Learning Thermostat will program itself. The smart thermostat learns your habits, your preferred temperatures, and the position of the sun at given times of the day and creates programs accordingly. This is an excellent way to save energy and lower your monthly utility bills.
- RoadRunner II Showerhead – Families use 1/3 of their annual water consumption in the shower. Therefore, it’s important to find a shower head that saves you money. The new GP Conservation Evolve Roadrunner II Showerhead saves one gallon of water for every minute you’re in the shower.
- Extech High Temperature IR Thermometer – This is a handy tech gadget to help you find air leaks in your home. The built-in laser will show you where the windows, doors, or other places in your home leak and let air in or out. This makes it easy for you identify leaks so you can repair these leaks and save money heating your home.
- Philips L Prize LED Light Bulbs – The new L Prize light bulb can save you over $165 a year on your electric bill. In addition, this light bulb can be perfect for your kitchen, living room, dining room, bathroom, and bedrooms - really any room in your house. The new light bulb is designed to last 22.8 years. You’ll never have to worry about changing a light bulb again.
- iGo Green Power Smart Tower – This is the perfect outlet to help save money in your home. The sleek design is easy to use and reduces the wasted standby power around your home. You can use this in your kitchen, office, on all your computers, and in your children’s room. You’ll no longer need to unplug your devices when you’re not using them again.